Since the beginning of this year, the Pension Fund of Ukraine will be in charge of insurance payments.
Since the beginning of this year, the Pension Fund of Ukraine will be in charge of insurance payments. The relevant changes appear in the Law of Ukraine № 2620-IX, effective from 01.01.2023.
What does it mean?
From the beginning of the new year, the Pension Fund of Ukraine (the PFU) pays insurance payments for temporary disability and work accidents instead of the Social Insurance Fund of Ukraine.
What payments will the PFU ensure?
The PFU pays:
- Temporary disability assistance («sick leave»);
- Pregnancy and childbirth assistance («maternity benefits»);
- Money for insured persons’ burial, including the victims of work-related accidents;
- One-time and monthly insurance payments to victims of work-related accidents and their family members.
Since 01.01.2023, the PFU is also:
- appointing insurance payments and providing social services according to the Law;
- controlling work-related accidents prophylactics;
- inspecting the reasonability of issuing and prolongation of sick lists and documental grounds for the issue thereof on the background of the information from digital systems and registers;
- supervising the insurers’ use of the insurance money.
Important! All sizes of insurance payments to citizens remain unchanged